Is a fatal tumor that affects the prostate, and at a time, it can spread to other organs and tissues by blood and lymph. It grows slower than other malignant tumors.
Who is diagnosed: Especially male individuals after 40 years of age.
Prostate cancer at the initial stage has no symptoms. The spread of malignant tissue leads to narrowing of the urine tube that leads to urination problems.
- Frequent urination, especially at night,
- Difficulty urinating,
- Inability to maintain a normal “flow” during urinating,
- Pain and burning during urinating,
- Blood in the urine,
- Sudden, constant pain in the bones that last for at least 2 weeks (the pain is most common in the pelvis, lower back, hip or bones in the legs)
What kind of tests should be done?
- Clinical examination (rectal exam with lubricated finger,
- PSA (prostate-specific antigen),
- Urinary analysis (urine),
- A cytological examination of the prostatic fluid,
- Intravenous urography with contrast,
- X-ray of the lungs,
- Scintigraphy of the bones,
Doctors have three basic ways of treatment available:
- Careful monitoring of the patient with the use of hormone therapy, if necessary,
- Surgical operation (of prostate and/or removal of testicles,
Prognosis: Although it is the second most common cancer among men, it does not fall into one of the most common causes of death. When prostate cancer is detected in the early stage, the survival rate is 98%, but if the disease progresses, the rates are low.
Prevention: Effective preventive measures are unknown. Early detection of prostate cancer is possible with regular annual screening in men between 40-50 years, with a digital rectal examination and determination of PSA in the blood. Additionally, an ultrasound examination may be performed through the rectum, with a biopsy of the suspected areas.
Our recommendation:Tea:Use any of the proposed plants: Epilobium (Willowherbs), including Epilobium roseum, Epilobium parviflorum, Epilobium montanum, Epilobium obscurum, Epilobium collinum and Epilobium anagallidifolium.Mix one tablespoon of this plant, fresh or dried, in 2 dl. Hot water. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then drain the tea and drink it.Drink this tea twice a day, once in the morning on an empty stomach and once in the evening before going to bed. Results are noticeable within a week.