Looking for a resource on the Paleo diet for beginners? Look no further. In this comprehensive Paleo diet plan guide, you’ll find some quick tips for maximizing your success on the Paleo diet, which Paleo diet foods you should include or avoid on the plan.
- Trying a 30-day Paleo meal plan can help you decide if the Paleo diet is right for you and if it can help you achieve your goals — whether that includes weight loss, increased energy or simply overall better health.
- Print out a list of healthy Paleo foods, and bring it with you to the grocery store for an easy reference. Look for organic fruits and vegetables and unprocessed foods with minimal added ingredients to ensure you’re getting the best quality.
- Although there are plenty of Paleo meal plan delivery sites out there, doing your own grocery shopping and preparing your meals at home can give you more control over your diet.
- It can be easy to load your diet up with fried bacon and butter and still be technically following a Paleo diet plan. However, to get the most from the Paleo diet, opt for lots of fruits and vegetables, unprocessed meat, poultry and seafood, and heart-healthy fats, along with a few servings of seafood per week.
- Eat when you feel hungry, and don’t worry about counting calories or macronutrients. The idea is to do what feels most natural to you and listen to your body.
- Any diet should be paired with a healthy lifestyle to maximize results. Exercise regularly, reduce your stress levels, stay well-hydrated and avoid unhealthy habits and you’ll be much more likely to achieve your health goals with the Paleo diet plan.
Best Paleo Foods
Following the Paleo diet plan can be a bit tricky as it can be challenging to know which foods you should include in your diet and which foods you should avoid. Here is a healthy Paleo diet food list with some foods that you should include in your diet:
- Grass-fed beef
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Heart-healthy unrefined oils, such as olive, coconut, flaxseed, walnut and avocado oil
Foods to Avoid on the Paleo Diet Plan
Just as important as knowing which Paleo diet food groups you can enjoy is knowing which ones you should cut out of your diet. Here are the foods that you should avoid while following a Paleo diet plan:
- Legumes (including beans and peanuts)
- Refined sugar
- Refined vegetable oils
- Processed/junk food
- White potatoes
- Cereal grains
- Sugar-sweetened or caffeinated beverages