Detoxification has been practiced for centuries in many cultures around the world. It means resting, cleansing and feeding the body from inside to the outside. By removing toxins and feeding the body with nutrients, detoxification helps us protect the body from disease and restores the ability to obtain optimal health.
In essence, detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood into the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system and skin. However, when these systems are compromised, impurities cannot be filtered properly, which affects the body.
The detoxification program helps the natural process of body cleansing through:
- Resting the body through the fasting
- Stimulating the liver to throw out toxins from the body
- Improvement of blood circulation and
- Supplementing the body with a healthy diet
How do you know if you need detoxification?
In general, everyone should go through the detoxification process at least once a year. However, this should not be done by breastfed mothers, children and patients with chronic degenerative diseases, cancer and tuberculosis. Consult your doctor if you are concerned about whether you should “purify” or not. Taking into account that there is more toxins in our environment today than ever, it is extremely important that we detox from time to time.
Detoxification is recommended if you notice that you have any of the following symptoms: unexplained fatigue, irritated skin, allergies, infections, bloating, ocular problems, menstrual problems and poor concentration.
How to start the detoxification process?
First, reduce the toxins you enter. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars, which together make toxins and obstacles to our body to recover. Also, reduce the use of chemicals to clean the home, as well as body care products (shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes) and replace them with natural and healthy options.
The harm to good health is also the stress that gives your body information to release stress hormones into the system. Although in the short term stress can contribute to the adrenaline rush to obtain a race or do business, in large quantities stress creates toxins that slow the enzymes responsible for detoxification in the liver. Yoga, Chigong and Meditation are simple and effective ways to relieve stress by resuming physical and mental reactions.
Which detoxification program is right for you?
There are numerous detoxification programs, as well as detoxification recipes, which depend on our individual needs. Many programs follow a seven-day schedule, because the body needs time to purify the body. It’s up to you to decide whether you will choose sugar detoxification, hypoallergenic detoxification, detoxification with juice or moisturizer, detoxification with fruit and vegetables, or some other.
10 ways to cleanse your body
After the entire detoxification program that you have previously selected and implemented, you can cleanse the body daily with these supplements, diet and lifestyle choices:
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Cabbage, beetroot, radish, artichoke, broccoli and seaweeds are great for detoxification;
- Clean and protect the liver by applying grass such as dandelion root, burdock and green tea;
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body to produce glutathione, the liver ingredient which destroys toxins;
- Drink about two liters of water a day;
- Breathe deeply and let the oxygen circulate completely through your system;
- Transform your stress by emphasizing positive emotions;
- Take a shower with hot water for five minutes, letting water flow down your back. Then flush it with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, then lie in bed for half an hour;
- Sweat yourself in the sauna so that your body removes waste through sweat;
- Do dry skin brushing;
- Train! Any sport is excellent, but the gym and martial arts are especially recommended;
Before you decide on any form of detoxification and any technique, consult a doctor and tell him if you are allergic to something or if you are taking any medication.