How many times have you heard someone say “sit upright”? Probably many times, but as most people did not take it seriously, they just sit upright for a moment. Proper posture is very important for overall health. Most people who have a sedentary lifestyle face the pains in the upper part of the back which exercises for proper posture can reduce. This pain is often seen as a symptom or condition that can cause a lot of complications if it’s not corrected in time. There are many factors that can lead to back pain. The type of work that we do every day can ruin overall health, not just the back. Lifting heavy objects, sitting in a bad position at work, improper posture and obesity can also cause back problems. If you face every day with severe pain in the upper back, you should visit a doctor. But if your pain is mild and occasional, you can start practicing simple exercises for proper posture. These exercises will help you with proper posture and reduce back pain.
The best way to improve your posture is to strengthen the muscles of the spine. Daily exercise will give back muscle strength and prevent any injury. The move with which to start is a step forward.
- Start with 10 reps.
- Hold your hands on your hips while doing this move.
- During step forward, the back should be flat and head forward.
This exercise consists of one move that can replace more exercises. It will not just stretch the chest but the belly. The muscles of the lower back will strengthen together with the muscles of the upper back.
- All you have to do is lie on your belly.
- Slide your legs slightly.
- Hands out over your head.
- The body position at this time should look like a letter Y.
- Push hands, chest and feet off the ground and stay in that position for a few seconds.
- Return to normal position and repeat 3-6 times.
The third exercise is stretching that can effectively improve posture.
- Lower to the floor in to “cat position” (knees and palms on the floor are equally spaced).
- With the inhale, lower the lower part of the spine toward the ground and raise the head upwards.
- With exhale, lift the lower part of the spine upwards and apply the chest to the head.
- Repeat this exercise several times.
Yoga is a form of spiritual exercise that helps in proper posture and overall health. It can help you improve balance and prevent injuries and back pain. Yoga is great for muscles because it strengthens them to help maintain proper body position.