The cabbage diet belongs to a quick diet. You can lose 10 – 22 pounds in 7 days if you strictly adhere to the plan of a cabbage diet and eat cabbage soup on a daily basis.
The cabbage diet has been in existence for decades. Various variations of the weight loss program, as well as the soup recipe, appeared, but the basics are the same – the diet lasts for a week, and during this time you can eat cabbage soup as much as you like. This soup has negligible calories so it will not affect your weight.
It is important to note that the cabbage diet is not suitable for children and adolescents. So, after 7 days, you should stop with this diet. It is suitable when you are approaching some special occasion for which you want to look more beautiful or as a “pre-diet” for a long-term weight loss plan that implies healthy nutrition and physical exercise.
Original recipe for cabbage soup
Ingredients of cabbage soup:
- 1 green port,
- 2 green peppers
- 1-2 cans of tomatoes or fresh tomatoes cut into cubes
- 3 carrots
- 10 ounces of mushrooms
- 1 celery bond
- ½ cups of cabbage
- 12 glasses of water
- By taste: salt, pepper, parsley, curry, garlic
How to prepare cabbage soup:
- Chop the onions and fry it for 5 minutes in a pot of moderate fire until it turns white.
- Peppers cut in half and clean from seed.
- Remove the leaves from the cabbage and clean the carrots, celery and mushrooms.
- Chop peppers, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, celery and tomatoes and add everything to the pot.
- Pour water and cook for about 2 hours in a light fire (until the vegetables become soft). Add half spices to your taste for half a cup.
Cabbage diet per day
Eat cabbage soup, 2-3 plates or more every day. Whenever you are hungry, eat soup. Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day and use vitamin supplements.
In addition, the weekly menu for days looks like this:
- Eat any fruits except bananas. Avocados and pineapples are not recommended. Drink water, unsweetened tea and cranberry juice.
- Vegetables, fresh or cooked. Avoid beans, peas and corn. Leafy cabbage vegetables are recommended (spinach, kale, lettuce, broccoli, shrimp). For dinner, eat 1 baked potato with a little butter.
- Day 3 is a combination between Day 1 and 2, so eat fruits and vegetables, except potatoes and bananas. When you are choosing fruits and vegetables, pay attention to the amount of sugar it contains, because sugar is what you want to avoid the most.
- Bananas and skim milk. Eat up to 8 bananas and drink milk as much as you like. If you don’t want to drink milk, you can replace it with fatty yogurt, but limit the quantity as much as you can. Bananas can be replaced with apricots or kiwi fruit.
- Fresh tomatoes (up to 6) and beef (up to 18 ounces). If you do not like beef, you can use baked or cooked chicken without chicken skin. Drink more water, 6-8 glasses.
- Eat beef and vegetables (without potatoes). Do not forget the cabbage soup!
- Brown rice, vegetables (except potatoes) and fruit juices without sugar.
After seven days, you should take a break for at least 2 weeks before you start again with a cabbage diet.